What is the EeMEC?
The EeMEC (European e-Mobility Expertise Centre) is a non-profit organization created to facilitate the transferability of best practices of the various cities leading eMobility in Europe, to other European local governments. It is a technical, legal and financial support center, as well as a tool which will facilitate engineering and consultancy companies to offer their services to local governments in the urban planning.
In the beginning of 2020, the European Horizon 2020 project MEISTER gave birth to the European e-Mobility Expertise Centre (EeMEC). EeMEC has been designed as a legally independent, non-profit organisation initially established by selected MEISTER project partners, managing the sustainability and Return-On-Investment (ROI) of the MEISTER products along and beyond the project.
The three major barriers for the deployment of Electric Vehicles in the European Union are the high cost of vehicles, the low level of consumer acceptance and the lack of recharging stations. MEISTER – and accordingly EeMEC – try to solve the problem by designing, validating and promoting Business Models to make it more attractive for operators to install charging infrastructure and for potential customers to use this infrastructure.
“To ensure more efficient use of urban space and mitigate adverse traffic effects with smart e-mobility solutions”
Building a greener, CO2 free mobility future
Main objectives of the EeMEC
- To facilitate the transferability of best practices from pilot cities – and other cities leading e-Mobility in Europe
- To improve the networking of stakeholders, providers, users and vendor and user communities in the field of e-Mobility, Urban Planning and Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPS)
- To increase the use of existing and future technology, product and service offerings in the field of e-Mobility
- To improve the integration and interoperation of existing and future technology, product and service offerings in the field of e-Mobility, Urban Planning and SUMPS
- To promote the technical, economic and legal innovation in e-Mobility, through the organizations of joint research and development activities of the association members
- To organize events, as well as to promote the latest developments in e-Mobility